More than 100 years ago Swinburne opened its doors with a simple premise in mind: to provide education to a section of society otherwise denied further education.
More than a century later, we continue to persevere in our commitment to not only provide, but also transform education through strong industry engagement, social inclusion, a desire to innovate and, above all, a determination to create positive change.
- In 2018, Swinburne has once again ranked in the Young University Rankings being placed at number 65 out of 250 institutions. The Young University Rankings recognise the world’s top universities under 50 years old.
- Swinburne was also ranked among the world’s top 450 universities by the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- The 2019 QS World University Rankings ranked Swinburne in the world's top 400 universities, placing us in the top three per cent of universities worldwide.
- Swinburne was ranked number 45 in the 2019 Top 50 under 50 list, an index of the world's top universities under 50 years old.
- Swinburne was ranked one of the world's top 400 universites by the prestigious 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
- Swinburne achieved a ranking of 133 from the ARWU in the field of civil engineering.
- Arts and Humanities
- Media and Communication
- Film and Television
- Information Technology
- Research Degrees
- Built Environment and Architecture
- Games and Animation
- Psychology etc